Table Of Contents
Upload the file
- For a file size smaller than 1 GB, the file has to be loaded into the WebDisk
- Larger downloads may be provided by external service providers
- Depending on the size of the file and the internet connection, the upload may take a few minutes
Maximum number of downloads: 5
Maximum filesize: 1 GB
Allowed file extensions: gif, jpg, jpeg, png, bmp, zip, tar, gz, rar, txt, pdf, exe, xml, mp3, ogg, e4mod, e3mod, script, pages, numbers, keynote, odt, ods, odp, odg, mpeg, mpg, mp4, mov
Notes to download PNG files: PNG files should be packed as ZIP or RAR archive before uploading. If the graphic is only provided as a PNG file, there is the risk that downloading the file without errors will not be possible under certain circumstances.
Upload the preview image
- Each download must have a meaningful preview image
- The preview should show the main contents of the download (e.g. render or in-game screenshots for models, in-game screenshots for modifications, etc.)
- Exceptions are scripts, tutorials, and other non-graphical downloads
[b]Allowed file extensions[/b]: gif, jpg, jpeg und png
- Titel: Meaningful title which describes the download exactly but as briefly as possible
- Category: Matching category depending on download type (for more detailed information see below)
- Tags: Terms to describe the download
- Brief description: Brief summary of the content (only necessary for complex downloads or major modifications)
Note to select the correct title: When selecting the title, you should take care of an exact naming. A vehicle is first named with the manufacturer, then with the series, then with the vehicle type and last with additional information (Mercedes Axor HLF (Ziegler)).
Choosing the right category
- See subcategories
- Fire and Rescue stations → Subcategory "Stations"
- Insulators → Category "Equipment"
- The input field offers the same formatting options as a normal message board entry
- The contents should be briefly described and summarized, especially for large projects
- A single-line description is sufficient for smaller downloads
- Headline "Screenshots:" above inserted screenshots (bold and underlined formatted)
- The integration of screenshots and graphics by external service providers is not allowed
File attachment (Screenshot)
The preview image loaded in the second step is only a thumbnail in the WebDisk entry. Therefore, a high-resolution version of the preview graphics must be uploaded as a file clip (in the "Description" field, third tab below).
- Multiple screenshots can also be made available and inserted into the form
- After the screenshot has been uploaded, the file is inserted into the text field by clicking on the letter symbol on the right-hand side
- Screenshots may only be inserted as a file attachment and not as a download
- Special signaling systems → Subcategory "Special signaling systems"
Maximum number of file attachments: 10
Maximum file size: 5 MB
Allowed file extensions: bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, txt, zip
- Version: Version number of the download (schema "1.0", deviation possible with own numbering)
- Authors: Names of all authors separated by commas (In large projects naming the core team)
- Suppor thread: Support topic for modification (if available)
Inclusion in message board posts
- The inclusion in message board posts is made via the BBCode below
- The download number is located at the end of the link to the respective WebDisk entry
688 times viewed