Table Of Contents
- 1 Prefab Editing Vehicles
- 1.1 Damaged Vehicles
- 1.2 Create a new Object
- 1.3 Inheritance
- 1.4 Special vehicles
- 1.5 Adding components
- 1.6 List of vehicle components
- 1.7 Tintable Mesh Component
- 1.8 Editing the AI navigation component
- 1.9 Editing the EM5 commandable component
- 1.10 Adding Vehicle Doors
- 1.11 Opening / close animation of the door
- 1.12 Additional DoorEntity editing
- 1.13 Adding vehicle wheels
- 1.14 Editing the EM5 FireComponent Component
- 1.15 Editing the EM5 SupportLegs component
- 1.16 Editing the EM5 VehicleCrane Component
- 1.17 Editing the EM5 WaterCannon component
Prefab Editing VehiclesThe edited prefabs for all vehicles are saved in category “vehicle”. Only edited vehicles are saved in this category. The prefabs for the single meshes created when importing the meshes are in category “_child_vehicle”.
Damaged VehiclesThe damaged version of a vehicle has the same name as the vehicle + the suffix “_dmg”.
Create a new Object
- Select an existing object.
- In the Object Properties window, rightclick on any property > “Create Object”.
- A dummy box will appear in the viewport > Select that box.
- In the Object Properties, in the mesh component, assign the mesh (e.g. “em5_vc_civilcar01.mesh”).
InheritanceFor a vehicle to actually work in EMERGENCY 5, it must inherit some settings from the respective parent prefab.
See "Prefab Editing - Inheritance (QSF)" article for details.
Special vehiclesThe “SpecialEntity” parameter in the roadvehicle component exists to mark a childentity for special using. e.g. an extingiush cannon of an TLF.
- Has additional components: SupportLegsComponent, VehicleCraneComponent.
- In the Object properties window, rightcklick on any property > “Create Component”.
- Choose the component to add.
List of vehicle componentsThe following is a list of all components assigned to vehicles.
You don't need to add the common ones by hand though if you followed the advice to always inherit from the respective parent prefab.
- EM5 Road Vehicle
- EM5 Road Vehicle Placement
- AI Navigation
- Bullet Box Collision
- EM5 Commandable
- EM5 Fire
- EM5 Fire (if vehicles havn't an fire component they skip burning)
- Tintable Mesh
Tintable Mesh ComponentFor tintable vehicles, the Mesh component must be replaced by the TintableMesh component.
Also need to be done for all tintable child objects (e.g. doors) of the vehicle.
Editing the AI navigation component
See Prefab Editing - AI (QSF).
Editing the EM5 commandable componentThe commands, which can be executed by a unit, can't be set with the editor. You'll have to add them manually in the prefab JSON file.
The commands are different for each unit. Common commands for vehicles are "em5::MoveCommand", "em5::ReturnToBaseCommand" and "em5::ExitVehicleCommand. The last command is deactivated, if there aren't any units inside the vehicle.
If there aren't any additional commands, you won't have to edit the component, because the standard commands will be inherited.
Adding Vehicle DoorsEditing entity inside the vehicle:
- Create a entity, give it the mesh of the door component.
- In the Object Properties window, rightclick on any property > “Create Component”.
- Add the “EM5 Door” component.
- Set the doortype property (e.g. „DOORTYPE DRIVER“).
Opening / close animation of the doorImportant: There are two ways for animating the opening/closing of the doors. One is giving a skeleton file as animation. The other is a manual animation. In Case the skeleton assets are missing or empty the manual animation is used.
Animation via skeleton assets:
- OpeningAnimation: The animation is played in case the door is open.
- ClosingAnimation: The animation is played in case the door is closed.
Animation via manual animation:
- RotationAxis: The axis on were the rotation of the door is happen. By default upvector of the coordinate system.
- RotationAngle: The amount of degrees how mutch the door is moved.
- SlideOffset: Unknown.
- OpeningAnimationLenght: the amount of time the manual opening animation is taken.
- ClosingAnimationLenght: the amount of time the manual closing animation is taken.
DOORTYPE DRIVER: Is the door were the driver is sitting.
- Used for cutting Persons from damaged vehicles
- The normal entry for personnel units.
- Tthe place were the equipment is taken / placed.
- The position currently not used.
- The door Passenger used to enter the vehicle.
- The Door at the back of the vehicle.
The door needs another position for the gameplay interaction.
Linking to the vehicle:
- DoorOffset: The offset is used to say were the interaction is happen. This is a local position offset from the door position.
- DoorRotation: This is how the person is rotated, in case it uses the door.
- DoorOffsetWorldSpace: Because it is not easy to edit or calculate the “DoorOffset” value, this is a helper for editing. The displayed value here is not saved and is moving together with the parent entity. Here you can place an entity before your door, take the worldspace position of this entity and insert it here. It will convert the “DoorOffset” value.
- DoorOffsetRotationWorldSpace: Same like “DoorOffsetWorldSpace” but with the rotation of the “DoorRotation” instead.
Additional DoorEntity editingLinking to the vehicle:
With the door selected, right click on the instance of the vehicle prefab that you want to link the door to “Object” > “Link selected to Slot” > “VehicleDoors”.
This will only work if the vehicle you want to link to has the “EM5 Road Vehicle” component. Note that the ID of the door object will show up in the VehicleDoors slot of the vehicles “EM5 Road Vehicle” component.
Adding vehicle wheels
- Select the wheel.
- In the Object Properties window, rightclick on any property > “Create Component”.
- Add the “EM5 Wheel” component.
- Set the wheeltype property (e.g. „WHEELTYPE_BACK_RIGHT“).
- The LEFT / RIGHT sets the rotation direction of the wheel (when the vehicle is driving, the wheels will automatically be rotated)
- The FRONT / BACK sets if the wheel will change its angle when the vehicle drives in curves. Front wheels do that and back wheels dont. (Therefore, when editing e.g. a rail vehicle, set all wheels to “BACK”.)
With the wheel selected, rightclick on the instance of the vehicle prefab that you want to link the door to “Object” > “Link selected to Slot” > “VehicleWheels”
This will only work if the vehicle you want to link to has the “EM5 Road Vehicle” component. Note that the ID of the will door object will show up in the VehicleWheels slot of the vehicles “EM5 Road Vehicle” component.
Editing the EM5 FireComponent Component
Editing Fire components is simmilar to normal fire editing. Vehicles without an fire component won't start burning, skip the burning state und start there explosion. This is legitim. Don't forget to assign an firematerial value.
Editing the EM5 SupportLegs componentSupport leges are extra legs, used for heavy vehicles, to give them more (optical) stabilization. This legs can extendet via animation.
SupportLegs: An slot for hard linked "legs". An Leg is an Entity with mesh, transform, metadatacomponent, how can play the animation "em5_vs_wrecker_hydraulic_support_left". In case the Support legs are extendet, all of this linked entitys get this animation.
The tech towcar and the firedepartment DLK is supporting this.
Editing the EM5 VehicleCrane ComponentVehicle crane is an crane, edited on an vehicle. The cran has the ability to rotate, raise/heigher and expand to an given target.
CraneEntity: Is an slot for one hard linked Entity. This Entity needs mesh, transform, metadatacomponent and has to play the animations "crane_extend" "em5_vs_wrecker_crane_crane_neutral-to-low" and "em5_vs_wrecker_crane_crane_neutral-to-high"
The tech towcar and the firedepartment boat transporter support this.
Editing the EM5 WaterCannon componentWater cannon, is the water shoting cannons on fire deparment vehicles. The cannon can rotate in x-y achses and creates an water extinguish effect at the "effect_bone".
It is important that the entity with the water cannon is linked to the Special entity slot of the road vehicle. The road vehicle searches the special entity for a linked Entity with a WaterCannon Component incase its more complex than only one entity.
CannonEntity: Is an optional slot for one hard linked Entity. In case the component-Entity is rotated in y-achse it rotates the Cannon entity insteat. This is sometime needed to improve the visual look.
787 times viewed