Create a minimap
- Open the map in the editor that you want to create a minimap for.
- Edit -> Map Properties -> Generate MiniMap (Button onthe left) -> Choose the location where to save the file.
- You will get an ortographic screenshot of the map. Use this as a basis to create a minimap in Photoshop.
Get your Minimap into the game
- Export your minimap as dds to "em5/content/texture/minimap/".
- The file should be called “minimap_*mapname*.dds” (e.g. minimap_munich.dds).
- Minimaps should be 1024*1024 px, 8.8.8, No Alpha, No Mip Maps (compressed dds do not work).
- Import the dds file by dragging it into the editor.
- In the import dialog window, set the category to minimap.
- Once your minimap is in the asset browser, you can assign it to your map under Edit -> Map Properties -> Map Properties -> MiniMap.
844 times viewed