Mega City One: Emergency Management

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Information: The EMERGENCY community board is completely free and is financed by advertisement. Please deactivate adblocker if you use this site. Thank you!

• Mega City One: Emergency Management

Mega City One: Emergency Management

A futuristic modification for emergency 4.

Hello one and all and welcome to my Judge Dredd mod, thanks for taking the time out of your days to take a look at this thread, I hope that I can give you guys excitement for this mod. Anyways, enough from me, let's get this show on the road

Department Status
      Medical Squad: 15% complete, still WIP and I intend to get more in,
      Fire Division: 15% complete,
      Justice Department: 25% complete (there are still a few vehicles I wanna add to this but for the most part I am a quarter of the way done)
      Resyk & Tek Squad: 5% complete (I intend to have several different types of recovery and technical vehicles for you all to use in the mod when it is released)

Images of units:
      Em4_2020-12-26_19-11-26-669.jpgEm4_2020-12-26_19-10-57-453.jpgEm4_2020-12-26_19-07-43-981.jpgEm4_2020-12-26_19-06-41-992.jpgEm4_2020-12-26_19-06-32-597.jpgEm4_2020-12-26_19-12-23-752.jpgEm4_2020-12-25_13-03-13-769.jpgEm4_2020-12-25_13-02-57-917.jpgEm4_2020-12-25_13-02-44-546.jpgEm4_2020-12-25_13-03-23-073.jpgEm4_2020-12-22_23-15-55-025.jpgEm4_2020-12-22_23-15-43-352.jpgEm4_2020-12-22_23-15-33-764.jpgEm4_2020-12-22_23-13-42-907.jpgEm4_2020-12-22_23-13-24-633.jpgEm4_2020-12-21_15-45-15-999.jpgEm4_2020-12-21_15-44-16-509.jpg

I have some more pictures of fire units, but can't find anymore good ones.

I'll be updating this thread as progress is made, if your interested to see progress more than what is shown here, then please feel free to come and check out the discord server I have made for the mod (if this is not allowed, then I am sorry forum staff and I will remove it if asked to do so:

Mod discord

have a great day everyone.
    • Eagle's Eye wrote:

Very interesting Idea.

I have to admit, I don't really Like the Models, they Look quite akward even for being science fiction but i think I can ignore it for the fact of this new Concert/idea.

I'm looking forward to see how you realise your next Work.
      I'm still really a beginning modeler, so I do have to admit, I sorta agree with you, but I think for the futuristic theme of the universe that the mod is set in, I think the models work, but this is just me and I hope that over time I can get better and impress people with my 3-D Modeling skill set and texturing skill set. I thank you for your opinion of the mod and I hope you will enjoy the mod when it comes out, but if you have any suggestions on how I can do better, then please feel free to help enlighten me on what I can do better on regarding model
    • I think the most important point for you will be to create a real closed concept. Otherwise you will propably lose yourself in your ideas and in the end you won't be able to connect this different ideas.

For example: at the moment some of your vehicles look like futuristic trucks, others look like huge turtle shells.
      What is your idea behind it? What is the concept? Will they "still" be vehicles stuck on the ground, will they be hovering above the ground or will they all be flying around like little aircraft?
      Will there still be humas controlling these vehicles or will it just be little robots controlled from far away?

Write down your concept and ideas (For ALL things), like Squads, Equipment and Civil Life and afterwards start to create your models all the way sticking to your concept.

That is my opinion about that :)

But as I said, I am looking forward to see new screens from you ;)
      Professioneller Hinweis- und Verwarnungssammler !

• Eagle's Eye wrote:

I think the most important point for you will be to create a real closed concept. Otherwise you will propably lose yourself in your ideas and in the end you won't be able to connect this different ideas.

For example: at the moment some of your vehicles look like futuristic trucks, others look like huge turtle shells.
      What is your idea behind it? What is the concept? Will they "still" be vehicles stuck on the ground, will they be hovering above the ground or will they all be flying around like little aircraft?
      Will there still be humas controlling these vehicles or will it just be little robots controlled from far away?

Write down your concept and ideas (For ALL things), like Squads, Equipment and Civil Life and afterwards start to create your models all the way sticking to your concept.

That is my opinion about that :)

But as I said, I am looking forward to see new screens from you ;)
      Alright, so let me explain the concept to you guys for future reference:
      This mod is based on a futuristic/dystopian/post-apocalyptic comic book universe known as "Judge Dredd", a universe where nuclear war has made the earth an irradiated wasteland and huge mega-cities sprawl across parts of the earth, while others are just irradiated nuclear deserts that are home to mutants, freaks, outcasts and those that have chosen to take the law to the lawless and enforce the law without the support of the Mega-City justice department. The police are not the police and are instead the Justice Department, a collective name for the street judges who have the power of instant justice, sentencing, and instant arrest for crimes. Street Judges are the primary means of law enforcement in the big meg. Mega City One host to over 800 million people living in the new and old world and surrounded by the irradiated desert known as the cursed earth where mutants, outcasts of mega city one and street judges who have taken the long walk, etc, reside and live. Inside the city boundary wall which separates MC1 from the cursed earth is Mega-City One, with thousands, no millions of square kilometers of land and covers the east coast of the former United States of America. The old form of law has been taken apart and torn down, gone are the days of corruption and court cases being dragged out, now the enforcement of the law falls to a new type of officer, the street judge. The street judge has all the powers of the police, the courts and the jury, the power of instant sentencing and instant justice are on their side. They are also allowed in rare instances to execute a perp for their crimes.

As far as the vehicles are concerned, they will be hovering just above the ground, humans and robots will be definitely controlling the vehicle. While most of the vehicles will be hovering just barely above the ground and may look like they are on the ground, but they're actually hovering.

The Squads are already sorta formed by justice department division, for example:

Fire division

- Biohazard Decon Response Squad: this will be your primary squad for responding to incidents that are hazardous and involve hazardous materials/exposure to hazardous materials, etc.

- Heavy Rescue Squad: This will be the squad to respond to any incidents like traffic collisions, multi-car pileups or incidents that require heavy equipment to clear the scene and the call.

- Fire Response Squad: this will be your primary vehicles to respond to vehicle fires, outside fires, structure fires, etc.

Justice Department

- Interceptor Squad: this squad will be responsible for intercepting high-risk persons of interest, stolen vehicles, etc.

- Wally Squad: these will be the detectives and undercover operations squad, they also will help out street patrol judges in cases where even a normal street judge can't get close to.

- Street Patrol: this will be your primary patrol and criminal response squad.

- Airwatch Squad: this will be your air support branch and able to help street patrol units on the ground. A sub-squad of airwatch is the H-Wagon Squad

Medical Squad

- Fast Response Squad: this will be for responding to incidents where a robo-doc or medical judge is needed on scene fast to keep people alive, and get them to the medical center fast/

- Resyk Squad: this will be your coroner and dead person transport squad

Tek Squad
      Recovery Squad: this will be for transporting any destroyed/burned vehicles from the scene or a vehicle that needs to be recovered and brought to a justice department yard or back to Justice HQ for evidence purposes.

Equipment is gonna be hard, but I'm gonna keep it to the theme of dredd universe.

civil life will be in a more futuristic/dystopian/apocalyptic style, same with buildings.
    • That seems to be a promising concep, I really like those apocalytic-future ideas (hope we won't get there as long as we are living :D)

As you mentioned, those vehicles will be controlled by humans after all, maybe try some designs with more windows, I guess people in the future still want to be able to see into every direction when they are driving/hovering/flying.
      Probably those vehicles will still carry material or equipment to a scene, your skins right now don't look like there are any openings or doors, maybe consider drawing them onto the model, as well as lightbars, well, probably they are mostly integrated into the vehicles.
      By the way, when doing the windows, look up the "Scheibennorm", this colorrscheme is widely used by modders to represent windows, this will already affect how the vehicles look.

Out of interest I just googled for "futuristic emergency vehicles" and there are some very interesting concepts and designs like this Ambulance, or the actual Rosenbauer RT which was just released as a prototype.

What I am trying to say is, Do not "throw out" new models, take your time, make them the best you can, imagine, what things people will still need in the future (like windows to see outside the vehicle, or emergency lighting to let others know there is an emergency) and which things they don't need anymore (e.g. no fuelcaps because vehicles run on fusion-cores or something or doorhandles because doors open via RFID-chips)

Looking forward to see more of you :thumbup:
      Es grüßt der Freddi. :)

Autoren im Avatar: NNICO, mibblitz, Chidea, Shogoon84, Florian B., Niederwallufer, FeuHa, Max2611, surroundkeller