Increasing the range of a turntable ladder

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Information: The EMERGENCY community board is completely free and is financed by advertisement. Please deactivate adblocker if you use this site. Thank you!

Attention: During the night of the 8th March a spam bot has sent spam e-mails to users of this message board. The e-mail function was disabled and the spam bots were suspended.

• Increasing the range of a turntable ladder

New

I've noticed this in pretty much all mods I've played, but mostly in the LA mod and Bieberfelde: The turntable ladders are pretty much completely useless for firefighting, since their range is super limited. The ladder simply refuses to extend to reach the fire. I've tried looking through the Extinguish script on how it's done, but the only thing I could find was a function called something like "useDLKLogic" (DLK is the German short for turntable ladder). At this point, I simply figured there would be something hardcoded into the game that limits the reach for the ladder. However, now I'm watching a video on the Ocean City mod (which is private as far as I can tell), and there I see the turntable ladder extending a long way to fight a fire, so I've got hope again.
    Does anyone know anything about how this range for the ladders can be extended?