Sound problems

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Information: The EMERGENCY community board is completely free and is financed by advertisement. Please deactivate adblocker if you use this site. Thank you!

• Sound problems

Welcome.

I have a problem with a lack of sound when I start Emergency 4 and when I start the game and the initial animation is over, the menu with the options to choose from will start. At this point, music or other sound effects should fly. Unfortunately, there are no music or other sounds. I would like to know what this problem can be and how it can be solved.

In the attachment, he adds a "logfile" file if someone needs it to verify the problem.

Hardware specifications:

Processor: Intel Core i7-6700HQ
    Graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
    Type of graphics card: Dedicated
    SATA 7200-RPM HDD - the ultimate HDD in the industry. 1000 GB
    16 GB Frame (SO-DIMM DDR4, 2133MHz)
    Current Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

I'll just add that I've already updated the sound card drivers and nothing helped.

I would ask you to help me find the potential cause of the error and to help me solve the problem.

Thank you all in advance for your help.

I greet
    Files
    • logfile.txt

(55.46 kB, downloaded 1 times, last: )
  • You still have this problem:

Source Code

1. ?AMixer::Initialize(): DirectSoundCreate8 failed [0x88780078]
    2. Audio::Initialize() failed
    Next I would do is check dxdiag.exe for any problems regarding the sound chip. Just type Win+R again and enter dxdiag. There you go to the tab "Sound", make a screenshot and insert it here.
    But you do have sound at all on your computer?
  • No error occurs after the dxdiag program has been checked. I attach the screenshot as an attachment. Due to the fact that I am from Poland you have everything in Polish there for which I apologize.

"But you have the sound at all on your computer?

Yes. In other games and on the computer itself there is sound and it works without any problems.
    Files
    • Screenshot.png

(18.11 kB, downloaded 5 times, last: )
  • Hm, I don't know what could be the problem. But altough I don't speak polish, I understand "nie problemów" :)
    After you started the game, could you check the volume mixer of Windows? Click on the volume symbol in the bottom right corner, there should be something like "mixer"? If so, there should be the game, and maybe the sound is turned down to zero? Or the game is running on the "wrong" sound chip?
    If this doesn't help: Have you tried to install DirectX from the 911 CD? Or maybe try installing from DirectX WebInstaller, maybe a component is missing.
  • As you told me, I checked if the game wasn't muted. The game in the system is set to max sound. The appendix even adds a screenshot of the volume option.

I don't really know what you'll think when you say "Does the game work on the "wrong" audio chip? Could you say more about what you mean?

I installed the "DirectX WebInstaller" you provided, but it did not help either.
    Files
    • ScreenShot.png

(15.13 kB, downloaded 2 times, last: )